Wow I have been nominated for the Liebster award! Yee-hah, as they say in Texas! My first Blog award! 🙂 First of all, thanks goes to Mark Faizey for nominating me! (Check out his blog here.)
Part of the rules include giving 11 tidbits or facts about me and answering 11 questions, and then nominating some more blogs (see my nominees below):
Known for 11 facts:
I am short (I think petite is a much nicer term)
I love to play piano and do so daily
I wanted to be an actress (I tried, but it didn’t pay the bills . . . something about the short thing didn’t work for leading roles)
I love animals. All animals.
I love to stay in touch with friends
I write, a lot.
Because I love animals I started Feather & Fur – a pet photography company
My nickname is Squirt (that short thing again!)
I play guitar and sing karaoke
I love traveling by bicycle, car, train, boat or plane
I fly in my dreams and I feel like I’m flying when I water-ski. I love water-skiing.
Now, for the Answers to the Questions I received:
1. What is the purpose of your blog? Or is there any? To photograph and write about animals – especially endangered animals. My hope to is help endangered animals survive for the next generation to see. Unfortunately, some won’t.
2. What is your favorite thing to do in your spare time? Play with and photograph animals…or play guitar or piano and sing.
3. What would you do if you were a Member of Parliament? I’d try to get the world back on track, and probably be shot for trying to do so. But, since I live in the US, I don’t think I have a shot of that ever happening! Just saying… 🙂
4. Would you Bungee Jump? Oh, yeah!
5. What is your favorite food? Salmon…and fries.
6. Do you watch the soaps? Loved One Life to Live and General Hospital…now one is cancelled and the other I can’t seem to catch since Soap Network shut down and I refuse to pay to watch free tv shows.
7. Where in the world would you most like to live? Perth, Australia or San Diego, CA.
8. How do you feel right now, and why? Sad, just read a sad story (see final blog recommendation below). My oldest feline, who is sitting between my arms and purring as I type this is near the end of her journey in this lifetime, and that blog just hit me hard, as I know what I’m facing soon.
9. 1-5 words that describe you. Energetic, bold, adventurous, spiritual, animal-lover.
10. Who/what is your favorite song/singer/band? Stairway to Heaven/Led Zeppelin
11. Do you like to read? Of course! Every day
And the Nominees Are:
Here are the 11 questions for the nominees:
1. Why did you start blogging? Does your blog have a goal?
2. What is your dream career . . . and why?
3. When you’re on your deathbed, do you think you’ll have any regrets and if so what?
4. Have you ever witnessed a miracle?
5. If you could change one thing in the world, what would it be?
6. Cat, dog, bird or ‘no animals for me’ person?
7. Who most influenced your life and how?
8. Chocolate or vanilla?
9. Traveler or homebody?
10. What are you most proud of and why?
11. What is the most important thing you want to accomplish during your life?
Here are the rules for the nominees:
1. Thank the person who nominated you.
2. Post a link to their blog on your blog.
3. Display the award on your blog — by including it in your post and/or displaying it using a “widget” or a “gadget”. (Note that the best way to do this is to save the image to your own computer and then upload it to your blog post.)
4. Answer 11 questions about yourself, which will be provided to you by the person who nominated you.
5. Provide 11 random facts about yourself.
6. Nominate 5 – 11 blogs that you feel deserve the award, who have a less than 1000 followers. (Note that you can always ask the blog owner this since not all blogs display a widget that lets the readers know this information!)
7. Create a new list of questions for the blogger to answer.
8. Contact your nominees to let them know!